Dinersaur

Monday, August 06, 2007

Bacon!

While not strictly a diner post, I would like to write about bacon. I'm sure most people would agree that bacon is an integral part of the diner experience, so I don't feel bad writing about it here.

My birthday was about a week ago, and in honor of the event, Dharia ordered a four-pack of artisanal bacon from the Grateful Palate! I ended up receiving
  • Brown sugar cured Virginia bacon
  • Burgers' Smokehouse peppered country bacon
  • Nodine's Smokehouse double smoked bacon
  • Petit Jean's Ozark hickory smoked bacon
I'm trying the bacons one by one. So far I've only had the Virginia bacon, and I have to say it's one of the best bacons I've ever had. We made BLTs with that bacon. Here's a picture of the ridiculously tasty result (including some nice farmstand heirloom tomatoes):


And because they're nice looking, here's a closeup of the tomatoes we used:

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home